These Quotes From Women Leaders Will Inspire You To Believe In Yourself
The 21st Century is the century of equality and recognition. We have become more accepting of people of different genders and sexuality – we have learned about minorities and their struggles. We are trying to hear their voice – apologize for the past injustices and make them equitable members in our society. Women had been one of the first groups that had led the battle to make themselves equal. They had some systemic setbacks, but they were able to break through them all and stand tall among their male counterparts – proud and equal.
But while setbacks are a part of life – systemic setbacks are different. They take away a lot out of a minority group. They are already disadvantaged in terms of education and opportunity. The battle up the steep hill becomes harder – the slope gets steeper as they go up. The word ‘privilege’ stands out glaring at them like a stern headmaster laughing as they fall. But it doesn’t really matter – women have still persisted on – and now, they have become leaders – CEOs of organizations – something that would have been unimaginable a century ago. Their progress has been exemplary.
But not only do we need women leaders – but we also need their guidance. Without their guidance, most of us, men or women, would fail to understand “What transforms a person into a leader despite all kinds of systemic barriers?” It’s a special kind of guidance – not something passed down to us from privileged groups of rich people. Women leaders and their famous quotes are not only the guide to us all, but also a testament as to what anyone can achieve if their mind is put to it – regardless of race, gender, or sexual orientation. These are some of the quotes of famous women leaders who have shown their grit and reminds all of us that perseverance matters over anything else:
1. “(It doesn’t matter) how intelligent you are, how well off you are, or how well-connected you are. Your perseverance, your courage – if you keep that intact, only such people will always be successful.” -Sudha Murty, Infosys Foundation
You can be one of the privileged lots with riches and wisdom, but if you really want to keep it, you must be persistent. There will be situations to break you down – there will be moments you will fail. Just hold on – that’s the mark of a true leader.
2. “My secret recipe for success is never giving up. I believe Difficult is easy, Impossible just takes a bit longer.” Elsa Marie D’Silva, Safecity
Giving up is always an easy way out. But it’s never really fruitful. To make the most of life – take up a difficult task, imagine it is easy and just make it work. If it’s impossible – then, spend some time with it, but make it work.
3. “Failure is temporary. If you believe in your idea, keep the flame burning and look for ways to make it work. Persistence and perseverance are key.” – Sunita Maheshwari, Teleradiology Solutions
Failure will come and go. Your belief in yourself should be persistent. Learn from the failures – fire up your belief. Make things fall in your favor.
4. “Persistence, Perseverance and Permanence are the three Ps I follow for being a leader every day. Irrespective of how the path is, constant belief in (the) work that you do, pushing boundaries to always do it with the same passion makes you a good leader and therefore you lead by example.” – Mansi Gupta, Tjori
Make these three Ps your motto – it will make every tread down any difficult path easier. Keep your passion alive and persevere.
5. “As women, we often undervalue our capabilities and don’t realise the strength, power, and perseverance that calmly lies within. The day we tap into that, we realise that nothing is beyond our creation and control. Stand tall and be the woman you are made of.” – Samara Mahindra, CARER Program
Do not let your gender hold you back. There is nothing inside you that you cannot do – there is both power and strength within. There is the wisdom of the ages. Use every arsenal that you have to conquer the world.
6. “You need to keep plugging away with tenacity and passion. I focus a lot on the ‘Power of Now’ – what can you do now to fix the problem rather than being overwhelmed or moping about it.” – Meena Ganesh, Portea
The future is something that will come anyway – whether you worry about it or not. However, what you can truly do is keep your belief in your passion intact. It will help you tackle the future without any problem.
7. “Patience, perseverance and mental strength – they are your biggest armour against all odds” – Sujata Chatterjee, Twirl
Acknowledge that you have enough mental strength in you to take up anything that the world throws at you. Believe in yourself – make an armor of commitment out of it. Nothing can stop you then.
8. “Being an entrepreneur means having an agile and accommodative mind while backing your own instincts and insights. It is important to sustain your ambition with perseverance, underlined with patience and prioritisation.” – Manisha Raisinghani , LogiNext
Be open to ideas – look at things from a different perspective. If you fail, persist. Look at your failure from a different angle. Make sure that you are always in contact with your passion and your intuition.
9. “Being an entrepreneur is like heading out into uncharted territory. It’s rarely obvious what to do next, and you have to rely on yourself a lot when you run into problems. There are many days when you feel like things will never work out, but you have to keep going and keep everyone motivated. You need an extra dose of grit, perseverance, with a willingness to embrace change every single day.” -Kanika Terkriwal, CEO & Co-founder, JetSetGo
Entrepreneurship is hard. Every step forward is a risk. It can easily push you back ten or more steps and thrust your forward twenty more steps. You never know. Just be brave and take the step. It’s going to change your life, one way or the other.
10. “Patience and perseverance are important if you are confident about your work to succeed.” – Jasmine Khanna, Third Eye
Be confident in what you want. It will not come to you easy – and that’s why you must be patient and keep your perseverance. You will get your reward soon.
It’s time to engage with your inner leader. Bring it out and let it transform you into someone else. Let’s build things up – let’s lead.